Monday 24 June 2013

Rekindled Love Affair








I’ve rekindled my love affair with braids, especially  Box Braids!
In secondary school I wore braids most of the time but grew out of them by the time i got to  my second year of college. I think it was because I was training to become a hairdresser  learning, experimenting with  so many new style ideas and techniques that braids quickly  became boring. Now they’ve  come back with a Bang this summer.
 I've been thinking about braiding my hair again for a while now not because they are on trend but because there are benefits to wearing braids, believe it or not!
Beyoncé and Solange Knowles are among the many celebrities who are wearing this 90’s retro hairstyle.

For my lovely readers who do not know what Braids are or how they are installed, I’ll give you a brief overview.
Box Braids basically extensions which are platted in with your natural hair to add extra length and thickness. Synthetic hair is normally used to achieve this look(Although Human hair can also be used its your choice) they are often referred to as protective styles she they give your hair a break from the day to day stress that we women often put our hair through. this is what helps with the growth of your hair, you can wear the extensions for up to six weeks, sometimes longer if maintained correctly

you can style and treat them more or less the way you would your natural hair, I love the high bun style the most as its so versatile.

Happy Monday 
TD x

No comments:

Post a Comment